- By: Alistair Knight
- Updated on: September 24th, 2019,
HEALTHYPRINCIPLES© PRIVACY STATEMENT
Effective Date: 24th September, 2019
This Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) explains how HealthyPrinciples©, Old mill house, Outwood Common, Redhill, Surrey, RH1 5PW (“Healthy Principles”, “HP”, “us”, “our”, and “we”), collects, controls, processes and uses information about you. We are the operator of this website, and a provider of a range of services thereto. We provide a platform (including this website, mobile applications, etc.) where we, our local affiliates and other sellers (collectively: “Sellers”) can list offers for vouchers, deals, goods and getaways.
This Privacy Statement applies to information we collect through our websites, mobile applications, electronic communications or services, social networking sites, or any individual, business partner-specific, merchant-specific, city-specific, or other area-specific websites we offer that link to or reference this Privacy Statement (collectively, the “ Site”). Throughout this document, we will refer to us and our affiliates as the “HP Group“.
We will routinely update this Privacy Statement to clarify our practices and to reflect new or different privacy practices, such as when we add new services, functionality or features to the Site. If we make any material changes we will notify you, either by email (sent to the email address specified in your account), by means of notice on the Site or otherwise. You can determine when this version of the Privacy Statement was adopted by referring to the “Effective Date” above.
Situations in which We Collect Information
We will collect the following information about you when you interact with us through the Site:
- your email address, physical address and password for our website if you register;
- your payment details if you purchase on the Site;
- your phone number and date of birth (optional);
- your location, website browsing preferences (e.g., through cookies) and purchase history to provide you with customised information on the Site and (optional) newsletters;
- other information you actively send to us (e.g., via email).
You may interact with us, for example, when you:
- register, subscribe, authorise the transfer of, or create an account with us;
- open or respond to emails;
- provide information to enrol or participate in programs provided on behalf of, or together with, Sellers, merchants, co-marketers, distributors, resellers and other business partners, with your consent or as necessary to provide services you have requested;
- visit any page online that displays our ads or content;
- purchase products or services on or through the Site from the Sellers;
- connect or link to the Site via social networking tools; and
- post comments to the online communities sections of the Site.
You can manage the types of personal data you provide to us and can limit how we communicate with you. At the same time, we think that the more you tell us about yourself and what you like, the more relevant and personal your experience with our Site and services will be.
You can manage your email and notice preferences by logging into your account through the Site or by adjusting the settings in our mobile application. Your device, as well as the HP mobile app, provides you with options to control push notifications and how and when we collect your geolocation. You can disallow our use of certain location data through your device or browser settings, for example, by disabling “Location” services for the HP application in iOS privacy settings. You can also manage your subscriptions by following subscription management instructions contained in any commercial emails that we send you. You may choose to subscribe to some types of messages, and may choose not to subscribe to, or to unsubscribe from, others. You may update your subscription preferences at any time. Please note that even if you decide not to subscribe to, or to unsubscribe, from promotional email messages, we may still need to contact you with important transactional information related to your account and your purchases from the Sellers. For example, even if you have unsubscribed from our promotional email messages or push notifications, we will still send you confirmations when you make purchases on the Site.
You may manage how your browser handles cookies. You may also manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share information on and about your devices with us, as well as how your mobile browser handles cookies. Please refer to our Cookies Policy for more information.
If you register for customised email newsletters or consent to receive push notifications containing information on all the latest offers for local deals, travel and goods, we will work to make information more relevant for you and customise newsletters and push notifications based on information you share with us, your location, website browsing preferences (for example, through cookies), purchase history or based on other attributes of your relationship with us. You can reject and delete cookies and unsubscribe from newsletters at any time by clicking links in each newsletter you wish to unsubscribe from, or unsubscribe from push notifications through the settings of your mobile device or in our mobile application.
How We Use Information
We control and process personal data for the following purposes:
- Operate, maintain and improve the Site;
- Provide you with personalised direct marketing initiatives via email or push notifications on mobile devices and direct marketing offers, including, with your consent, using location data to notify you of tailored location-based deals;
- Facilitate and process orders – for example, for vouchers and other goods and services;
- Determine your eligibility for certain types of offers, products or services that may be of interest to you, and analyse advertising effectiveness;
- Answer your questions and respond to your requests;
- To establish and analyse individual and group profiles and customer behaviour;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about us, the Sellers and our business partners;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages, service bulletins, marketing messages, and requested information, including on behalf of business partners;
- Administer rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events;
- Comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements;
- Allow you to apply for a job, post a video or sign up for special offers from merchants and other business partners through the Site, and to
- Enhance other information we have about you to help us better understand you, determine your interests and provide you with more relevant and compelling services.
When and Why We Disclose Information
We are not in the business of selling or renting personal data. We will not share your personal data, except with your consent or as otherwise required or permitted by law, as follows:
- with affiliated and unaffiliated service providers within and outside of the European Economic Area , including, without limitation, HP, Inc. which has its registered offices at 600 West Chicago Avenue, Chicago, Illinois – 60610, USA. The transfer of your personal data to the United States is in line with data protection law;
- with the Sellers, so they can sell and deliver to you;
- to report or collect on debts owed to Sellers, merchants or other business partners;
- as necessary to perform contractual obligations towards you with business partners to the extent you have purchased or redeemed a HP voucher, goods or services offered by a business partner or participated in an offer, rewards, contest or other activity or program sponsored or offered through us or the Sellers on behalf of that business partner;
- in case of a merger, acquisition or reorganisation with a purchaser of our company or all or substantially all of our assets;
- to comply with legal orders and government requests, or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions;
- to combat fraud or criminal activity, and to protect our rights or those of our affiliates, business partners and users, or as part of legal proceedings affecting the HP Group; or
- in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts.
- We encourage business partners to adopt and post privacy policies. However, while we share personal data with business partners only for the above-mentioned purposes, their subsequent processing and use of personal data obtained through the HP Group is governed by their own privacy policies and practices and not subject to our control (save only in respect of such use and processing by our service providers, as indicated above).
How We Collect Information
You provide us with personal data when you register, subscribe, create an account, make a purchase or redeem vouchers or otherwise contact us or communicate with us actively. For example, you provide personal data to us when you contact us online for customer service and other support using self-help tools, such as email, text, or by posting to online communities.
You also provide personal data to us when you interact with the Site via cookies and other technologies as described in our Cookies Policy. With your consent, we also collect location data (including geolocation and GPS location) consistent with your mobile device settings. We may also collect the precise location of your device when the app is running in the foreground, background, or even if you are not directly using the application depending on your device.
We also receive personal data and other online and offline information from our business partners who may report to us redemption, collection, or refund-return events. We will use such information in accordance with applicable laws and this Privacy Statement.
- Security of Personal Data
We have implemented an information security program that contains administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to safeguard your personal data, including industry-standard encryption technology.
- Your Rights in relation to Personal Data; Contact Us
You can access, update, rectify, and delete your information you provided to us in your profile by logging into your account or contacting us at https://www.healthyprinciples.co.uk/contact-us/. Keeping your personal data current helps ensure that we can respect your preferences and offer you the goods and services that are most relevant to you.
In accordance with applicable law, you may (i) request access to any personal data we hold about you and request that it be updated, rectified, deleted or blocked, (ii) request that we refrain from further use of any personal data we hold about you, and (iii) object to our creation of user profiles about you. If you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices or this Privacy Statement, if you want to make use of any of the above rights, or other rights that you may have in relation to your personal data if you wish to close your HP account or if you have other questions or requests, please contact us at https://www.healthyprinciples.co.uk/contact-us/. You can also reach us via postal mail at the following address:
HealthyPrinciples ©, Old Mill House, Outwood Common, Redhill, Surrey, RH1 5PW
While we are ready to assist you in managing your subscriptions, closing your account, and removing your active profile, we cannot always delete records of past interactions and transactions. For example, we are required to retain records relating to previous purchases on the Site for financial reporting and compliance reasons.
- Retention of Personal Data
We will retain your personal data for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services and to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting purposes. We will also retain your personal data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- Social Networks
Social Community Areas
Connecting through Social Networks
We offer social networking users the opportunity to interact with friends and to share on social networks. If you are logged into both the Site and a social network, when you use the Site’s social networking connection functions, you will connect your social network account with your HP account (this happens automatically, if the email addresses match). If the email addresses do not match, we ask you if you want to link them and you must validate that you control the accounts. If you are already logged into the Site but not logged into your social network site, when you use the Site’s social network connection functions, you will be prompted to enter your social network website credentials or to sign up for the social network.
If you are not currently registered as a HP user and you use the Site’s social network connection functions, you will first be asked to enter your social network credentials and then be given the option to register and join HP. Once you register with us and connect with the social network, you will be able to automatically post recent HP activity back to your social network. Please refer to the privacy settings in your social network account to manage the data that is shared through your account.
Privacy Practices of Third Parties
This Privacy Statement only addresses the collection, processing and use (including disclosure) of information by us through your interaction with the Site. Other websites that may be accessible through links from the Site may have their own privacy statements and personal information collection, processing, use, and disclosure practices. Our business partners may also have their own privacy statements. We encourage you to familiarise yourself with the privacy statements provided by these other parties prior to providing them with information or taking advantage of a sponsored offer or promotion.