We include products we think are useful for our readers. If you buy through links on this page, we may earn a small commission. Here’s our process.
This is the ultimate review of the Top 10 Best Hayabusa Boxing gloves.
Within this review, you’re going to see:
- The prices
- Well-researched facts about the pros/cons of each glove
- Stories about the brand
- What my personal thoughts are
- Plus a lot more!
Ready to discover an in-depth, easy-to-read review?
Click here to jump down to where I review all ten gloves or…
If you’re in a hurry, you can get the most popular pair right here on Amazon.
Now, let’s turn to the key points of this review so you can get the answers right away.
- Price: The Hayabusa Boxing gloves reviewed on this guide range from £40/$49 but they can cost up to £199/$229 with personalised leather styles – compare prices here.
- The Hayabusa brand: Hayabusa fight wear is becoming one of the best fight brands out there. They want to “influence fighters globally to thrive in combat sports so they become stronger and healthier”.
- Advantages: The majority of Hayabusas gloves’ come with incredible wrist support (four inter-locking splints keeping your wrists aligned), are visually impressive (multiple colour choices) and protective beyond comparison (4 layers of foam).
- Disadvantages: Expensive compared to other great gloves and difficult to put on for some people.
- Durability/quality: Interestingly, some of Hayabusas gloves are not real leather because researchers have found Vylar (vegan leather), is the best material for boxing gloves.
- Protection: The quadruple layer of foam the gloves’ come with will not only protect your hands but…. also protect your head when blocking hooks and rear-hand power punches.
- Appearance: The gloves look the part and if I could compare them to anything, I’d compare them to the terminator due to the three diagonal slats which run from the thumb to your pinkie finger.
- Comfort/fit: While some of Hayabusas gloves take a long time to break in, others will become your hands best friend due to a luxurious feel and… even Georges St-Pierre uses the brand…
- Performance: Some of Hayabusas gloves are for training purposes only and others are used for competitions.
- What to look out for: Some of the boxing gloves become hot and sweaty despite the additional ventilation. Let me know if your Hayabusa gloves do the same in the comments below.
- What I like: I love how much wrist support all of Hayabusas gloves come with and… I feel like I don’t need to buy lace-ups thanks to the four-interlocking splints that keep your wrist in-line.
- What I dislike: I am not a fan of the inner stiffness on some of the gloves. While they protect your wrists and hands super well you still need to break them in.
- Comparison to other brands: The overall quality is much better than the majority of the brands out there but this quality comes with a cost as Hayabusa’s gloves are not cheap.
Table of contents (with jump links):
- Top 10 Hayabusa boxing gloves
- Best Hayabusa boxing glove for kids/youths
- The brand: About Hayabusa
- Where are Hayabusa boxing gloves made?
- Where to buy them?
From best to worst based on design and quality (with jump links):
- Hayabusa Iron Man Boxing Gloves (best looking)
- Hayabusa Captain America Boxing Gloves
- Hayabusa Black Panther Boxing Gloves
- Hayabusa ‘The Punisher’ Boxing Gloves
- Hayabusa Captain Marvel Boxing Gloves
- Hayabusa T3 LX Boxing Gloves
- Hayabusa T3 Kanpeki Boxing Gloves
- Hayabusa T3 Boxing Gloves (best overall with price, quality and design)
- Hayabusa Classic Laced Boxing Gloves (best for competitions)
- Hayabusa S4 Boxing Gloves (cheapest Hayabusa glove)
Best boxing gloves for kids/youths:
- Looks incredible: Designed by experts and hand-crafted using luxurious materials to make you shine.
- Industry-leading wrist support: Hayabusa is the only company who make dual-x wrist support and a double velcro strap that makes you feel like you’re wearing lace-ups.
- Odour resistant: These gloves come with an odour resistant anti-microbial lining (containing traces of silver) which stop sweat traveling into the foam.
- Long-lasting leather: The Iron Man gloves are made from a super-durable 100% microfibre leather meaning… They will last a long time!
- Marvel: Marvel licensed and approved the design of these gloves which is like having a signature from Mike Tyson printed on your glove.
- Expensive: These gloves are £200/$220 which will put a lot of people off and…
- You’re only paying for design: If you want to save £90/$120 you can get the exact same gloves without the iron man feature right here (number 8 on our list).
The highest quality materials, engineering and design have propelled these gloves to superhero quality.
You’ll be seen as dedicated, passionate and an intelligent fighter like the personality traits of Tony Stark.
Exactly what Hayabusa was trying to accomplish!
- Built to protect: You’ll find the Captain Americans protective because of the gloves quadruple density foam (most of those other gloves sold out there only have triple density) and the strong wrist support means you will do more damage.
- Wipe away sweat thumb: Ever get sweat in your eyes when training? You can wipe your calories away any day thanks to the Marvel-lously absorbing SWEAT-X™ thumb!
- Lab-tested material: Hayabusas two research labs have found Vylar (VYLAR®-2) leather to be stronger than genuine leather.
- Ergonomically comfortable: How do you create a boxing glove which is comfortable? Design, make, test, repeat. Hayabusa has been doing that since 2006 and they listen to their feedback well.
- Very expensive: All of Hayabusas Marvel boxing gloves (these included) are priced at £220 ($250) which is a good price for all the work they have put into it but a huge price for some people.
Moving on to the…
Overall, while these are priced way above many peoples budgets…
However, the amount of time and testing that has gone into the making of these gloves really makes up for why the price tag is so high. I mean, the Captain America gloves are:
- Brilliantly designed
- Beautifully aesthetic
- Bloody great!
The Marvel gloves are engineered with:
- Specialised Vylar leather
- A protective double wrist strap
- And four layers of padding!
What this means for you is a long-lasting glove that will support you in your mission to the top of whatever your goals are.
Note: I’m afraid we can’t find a non-copyright image of the Black Panther Boxing Gloves, but you can see them here.
- Subtly beautiful: I love the fine details behind these gloves and how the silvery black bring them to life.
- Marvel imprinted logo: Are you a Marvel fan? I’m a big one and these gloves have been specially licensed by Marvel themselves meaning… Hayabusas designers have worked with Marvel to create a phenomenal product!
- Quadruple foam padding: Looking for a glove which actually protects your knuckles? These come with four layers of foam padding (most of the other gloves on the market come with three) so you get that extra protection!
- Very expensive: These gloves are priced at £220/$250 so while the panther gloves will protect your hands, they might break your bank account.
Note: A cheaper option (which has the same material/technologies without the design) is the Hayabusa T3 boxing glove which you can review right here.
Want to find one of the best looking, most popular boxing gloves in the world?
These gloves are just that. However…
While I love Marvel, these gloves are made in a similar way to the standard yet impressive T3s (which are half of the price)…
You can review the T3s here.
- Based on a film: These Marvel licensed (approved by Marvel) gloves are based on ‘The Punisher’ action movie starring Jon Bernthal, Amber Rose Revah and Giorgia Whigham so… Wearing them on your hands will be both cool and honourable to Marvel studios.
- Smells fresh for longer: ‘The Punisher’ boxing glove has a silver lining on the wrist compartment which acts as a roadblock to bacteria, therefore giving you a better-smelling glove!
- Protective model: Good protection comes about when a company truly cares about their customers. Hayabusa is always listening to their customers and… these gloves now come with a double strap (the only boxing brand allowed to have a double strap), quadruple foam layer, Vylar leather and lots more.
- Expensive again: As mentioned before, all of the Marvel gloves are costly for people who aren’t interested in the sport of boxing.
If you’re looking for a glove that:
- Looks brilliant
- Feels brilliant
- Protects you like a superhero
- Yet you know it will cost you a lot of money
Note: I’m afraid we can’t find a non-copyright image of the Captain Marvel Boxing Gloves, but you can see them here.
- Look like a superhero: I’m a big fan of Marvel, their movies, and now their licensed gloves from Hayabusa. You’ll look like a badass and feel like one whenever you put them on!
- Durable: With its own Vylar leather material, these Captain Marvel gloves will last a long time and help you achieve your goals.
- Odour resistant: While the gloves are not 100% odour resistant (you still need to air them out) their silver antibacterial lining blocks bad smells from building up. Now let’s turn to the…
- Super expensive: As mentioned above, these Marvel gloves are very expensive and you’ve got to be either a committed boxer or a true Marvel fan (or both) to be spending over a few hundred dollars/pounds. Now it’s time for the…
These gloves are epic in how they look and feel.
Fans are even calling out Hayabusa to design a headgear to match. So… should you get it?
It’s up to you.
Personally I would prefer to get the Hayabusa T3s because you get the exact same glove without having to pay an extra £80 ($110) for the design.
You can jump down to review Hayabusa T3s here or…
- Vintage look: I like how these gloves have a vintage cowboy-leather effect due to the full-grain Italian leather (highest quality leather on the market) which is also super tough and… I also like the precision stitching which holds this glove together.
- Wrist support: Feel free to throw power punches with any heavy bag because the splints and double straps on this glove will stop your wrists from injuries.
- Knuckle protection: See for yourself how the four layers of foam (CRUSH ZONE™) absorb the shock of your punches nicely!
- Still high price: The full-grain Italian leather means you’ll be paying £50 ($70) more than the original T3s and some people find the…
- Straps difficult to use: Many have complained about the difficulty of adjusting these T3 LX gloves due to the double straps but over time this issue goes away with practice (just like learning how to tie your shoelaces).
The T3 LX gloves are one my personal favourite Hayabusa boxing gloves because the full-grain Italian leather looks both beautiful and is durable. But…
Unfortunately high quality comes at a high price.
These gloves come with a price tag of £150 ($180) which is why they are best for boxing enthusiasts and athletes.
- Full-grain leather: Every glove on this list (apart from the LX above) is made from a PU leather which is synthetic (not real leather). The Kanpeki gloves (as well as the LX’s above) are 100% full-grain leather which means you’ll avoid the chances of short-term wear and tear.
- Splint protection: Wrist support is everything in boxing and the Kanpeki’s award-winning splints stabilise your wrists no matter how hard you hit.
- Great smell: The full-grain leather combined with the AG fabric liner (anti-odour lining) give a good smell to these gloves!
- Colour: The brown version can look quite pale in my opinion but Hayabusa can’t help the colour of the animal skin (leather).
This is probably the highest quality Hayabusa boxing glove on this list but due to the lack of design (in comparison to their other state of the art Marvel gloves) they are rated number seven on this list.
If I needed another pair of boxing gloves (which I don’t at the moment) I’d get these due to their:
- Award-winning wrist support
- Quadruple foam padding
- Durable full-grain leather material
- Buy these gloves on Amazon here or Hayabusas US store here.
(Best overall with price, quality and design)
- The same as the rest of the gloves at a much lower cost: All of the Marvel gloves listed above are made from the exact same material. The only difference? The design isn’t as good with these (but it doesn’t mean the gloves don’t look bad!). I love the carbon effect on the front of the glove and how the coloured stitching goes in between it.
- Wrist support: The famous (and award-winning) splints on the face of the glove allow them to stabilise your wrists to put a stop to injuries!
- Comfortable to use: Foam padding is crucial in every boxing glove and Hayabusa have taken their T3s one step further with four layers of powerful protection! Not to mention their:
- Durable engineered material: Hayabusa funds researchers at several Universities and together… The brand has created its very own Engineered leather called VYLAR®-2 (the most durable in the business)!
- Need to get used to: The T3s need 10 training sessions for them to feel comfortable as the gloves need breaking in like a new pair of shoes.
The T3s have become so popular that Hayabusa have created a whole range of Marvel gloves that copy the T3s features with the only difference being… The design.
What this difference means for you is a saving of £90/$120!
Basically, you get the exact same boxing gloves but pay £90/$120 more for a Marvel design!
This is why these gloves are the best overall on this list…
- Buy these gloves on Amazon here or Hayabusas US store here
- If you’d like to read more about the Hayabusa T3s, click here to read the gloves full review
(Best for competitions)
- You can fight in them: Boxers fight with lace-up gloves because they experience a snug fit:
- Minimal break-in: Unlike Hayabusas other gloves, the classics do not require any breaking in meaning you’ll feel comfortable as soon as you put them on.
- Durable cowhide leather: Want a glove which will last a long time? You’ll be safe with these classic lace-up gloves because of the 100% cow-hide leather (the unbleached skin and hair of a cow)!
- Only three layers: Unlike the majority of Hayabusa’s gloves, these classic laced gloves only have three layers of foam padding and the reason for this is… Most competition gloves are generally softer so you can do more damage.
Hayabusa are one of the best boxing glove companies in the business and these classic lace-up gloves are suitable for your training, sparring, and competition bouts meaning…
The classic lace-up is an all-round amazing glove that you can get below.
(Cheapest glove they sell)
- Low price and: You’ll notice how much more comfortable and better the gloves are than any other pair of gloves in the same price range (£50/$70).
- Free hand wraps: Need a new pair of fresh hand wraps? The S4s come with a free pair of black 180-inch hand wraps which usually retail at £10/$15!
- Wipe-away sweat thumb: How annoying is it when you get sweat in your eye during your training? It’s a pain in the ass, but… with the S4s, you can wipe away your sweat with ease thanks to the absorbing rubber thumb material.
- Less protective: This glove may be 25% less protective than Hayabusa’s other gloves due to one less layer of foam (but it does come at half the price!).
Overall, the S4’s are best if you’re training 1-3 times per week and you want to save money.
Honestly, I wouldn’t get them for myself as I train a lot.
If you also train a lot you want to look for a glove which offers hand protection and longevity.
You can find both of these things with the T3s I’ve mentioned above.
Hayabusa S4 Youth Boxing Glove
- Built-in wrist support: Unfortunately, many gloves sold out there claim to have “wrist support” but… you’ll find they bend easily. These S4 gloves come with built-in wrist support which prevents your wrists from bending and reduces your chance of getting a wrist injury.
- Low cost: Brilliant price for what you get in return.
- Grip bar: You can easily make a fist due to the dense foam grip bar meaning you get more comfort.
- Less foam padding: If you are an adult looking to get this glove for your small hands, you will only get three layers (as opposed to four layers) of foam but… this will be better for kids because the gloves would otherwise be too heavy and stocky.
I like how these gloves come with strong wrist support and are comfortable for anyone below the age of 15 to use.
Also, the S4s are not overpriced like many of Hayabusas other gloves.
Here are some frequently asked questions which you will want to know:
Here are a pair of hand wraps you buy alongside the gloves.
Hayabusa is the upcoming Everlast of the fighting world… they will be the brand everyone knows.
The company was founded in 2006 by Craig Clement, Ken Clement, David Zikakis and Luke Harris.
Now you may be wondering why I have uploaded an image of an eagle with boxing gloves as wings?
Surprisingly, the eagle isn’t a joke!
The word ‘Hayabusa’ is Japanese for the word: ‘Peregrine Falcon’, which is the bird you can see above.
A Peregrine Falcon is a bird of impressive:
- And strength.
Exactly what Hayabusas gloves help fighters achieve!
The name represents a fighter’s determination to pursue and produce predator power above all. But…
What is so special about Hayabusa?
Sure, they could be just “another boxing brand” to you, but what makes Hayabusa stand out is:
Their innovation and ability to adapt.
Like a bird changing direction in a split second, Hayabusa quickly adapts to improve their line of boxing gloves.
How do they do this?
By listening to their customers.
This is especially true with their previous glove – the Tokushu Regenesis Boxing Glove – which had issues such as:
- A small thumb compartment
- Wrist scratching
Hayabusa noticed the issue, removed it and created a better boxing glove as a result.
Furthermore, Hayabusa also funds research at universities (Waterloo & Cincinnati) so they can improve the performance and safety of their gloves!
Summary: Hayabusa was founded in 2006 by four friends who have produced better fight gloves year after year. Coaches consider Hayabusas gloves to be the “gold standard in hand protection and comfort”.
The location of Hayabusas manufacturing facility is unknown but what we do know is Hayabusas:
- Headquarters are in Kingston, Ontario (Canada)
- Global distribution centre is in Las Vegas, Nevada (United States)
- Testing grounds (two independent boxing gyms) are also located in Canada
- Research is done at the University of Waterloo (Canada) and the University of Cincinnati (United States)
From this, we can only imagine that Hayabusas factory is either in the US or Canada (likely the US as their distribution centre is here).
You can buy Hayabusa boxing gloves in three places:
- Most boxing glove stores (call the shop first to see if they have Hayabusa gloves in stock)
- Online e-commerce stores (such as Amazon)
- On Hayabusa’s website (best if you’re in the US as shipping is free and the prices are slightly lower)
I hope you enjoyed my Hayabusa boxing gloves review.
Now I’d like to hear what you have to say:
What do you like about Hayabusas boxing gloves?
Do you prefer another brand?
Or maybe you’re going to buy a pair right now?
Either way, let me know by leaving a comment below!
Found this review helpful? Follow Healthy Principles on Instagram so that you can find more helpful reviews and health tips that’ll enhance you as a fighter.
Please share this review with your friends and family.